A complete detailed review on Yamaha MT-15 Service Schedule, Service Cost, Spare Parts Price
Are you looking for Yamaha MT-15 full servicing details, Here is a detailed review on Yamaha MT-15 Service Schedule, Cost, and Spare Parts Price, that every Yamaha MT rider must know before servicing your Motorbike.
Yamaha MT-15 is one of the most practical street-fighter motorbike sold in India with a price point of rupees 1.49 lakh, and now as we talk about sales and services the Yamaha company manages to gain sales more than 5,203 units as starting of the month 2019.
And In services, there is no doubt, Yamaha company has the largest setup of 1354 showrooms and service stations across India as of Jul 2019. So, as far as our team concern there will be no problem, doing servicing your Yamaha MT-15 bike at any service station across the country.
Important note about free servicing: Yamaha India basically offers 6 free servicing which means only labor charges are free in the free servicing that includes servicing i.e checkup of your bike, washing & cleaning and you will be charged for Engine Oil, Air Filter, Oil Filter, Brake Pads and more if required.
Things to do before Servicing your Yamaha MT-15
- Service your Yamaha MT-15 from an authorized Yamaha service center.
- Make a proper note on problems that you are facing while riding your MT-15.
- Always carry your bike’s service manual book and RC before going to Yamaha’s workshop.
- Very Carefully inspect the shock absorbers, see if there is any oil leakage or unwanted sounds.
- Before going to Yamaha’s service station check your MT-15’s front, rear brake fluid level, and plus coolant level.
- Please try to Check/Research/Compare the cost/quality of engine oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plug, or other accessories if you want to install.
- Most Important: Always ask your service mechanic person to change the engine oil, oil filter, or any extra parts to install, in your presence there.
Periodic Service Schedule for Yamaha MT-15
Important note: Each Yamaha MT-15 Service is to be performed under 3000 km or 90 days from the previous service date. just do it whichever comes is earlier.
- 1st free service is to be performed under 1000 km or 30 days from the date of purchase.
- 2nd free service is to be performed under 4000 km or 120 days from the previous service date.
- 3rd free service is to be performed under 7000 km or 210 days from the previous service date.
- 4th free service is to be performed under 10000 km or 300 days from the previous service date.
- 5th free service is to be performed under 13000 km or 390 days from the previous service date.
- 6th service is to be performed under 16000 km or 480 days from the previous service date.
- 7th paid service is to be performed under 19000 km or 570 days from the previous service date.
- 8th paid service is to be performed under 22000 km or 660 days from the previous service date.
- 9th paid service is to be performed under 25000 km or 750 days from the previous service date.
- 10th paid service is to be performed under 28000 km or 840 days from the previous service date.
Things service mechanic should “Inspect, Check, Clean, Change” while servicing your Yamaha MT-15
- Electrical stuff check.
- Braking system check.
- ABS performance check.
- Check, Clean, or Change Air Filter.
- Rear and front brake fluid level check.
- Inspect rear sprocket, chain, and engine sprocket.
- Check rear and front shock absorber to ensure leakage & damages.
Service Schedule and Service Cost of Yamaha MT-15
|Service no.||Kilometer & Time Period||Things you need to Change/Check||Cost|
|1st (free)||1000 km or 30 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner, O-ring, Chain Lube.||₹ 600|
|2nd (free)||4000 km or 120 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner, Clean air Filter, Chain Lube.||₹ 800|
|3rd (free)||7000 km or 210 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner, O-ring, Chain Lube.||₹ 700|
|4th (free)||10000 km or 300 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner, Change air Filter, Chain Lube, Refill Coolant & Brake fluid.||₹ 1400-1600|
|5th (free)||13000 km or 390 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner, O-ring, Chain Lube, Spark Plug Change, Clean air Filter.||₹ 1200-1400|
|6th (free)||16000 km or 480 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner,|
Clean air Filter, Brake Pads Change, Battery Check and Wheel bearings Check.
|7th (paid)||19000 km or 570 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner, O-ring, Chain Lube, Change Clutch Cable, Refill Coolant & Brake fluid, Spark Plug Clean and Labour Charges.||₹ 1500-1600|
|8th (paid)||22000 km or 660 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner, Chain Lube, Clutch Plates Check, Grease brake lever and Brake pedal, Check Drive chain & Chain Sprocket and Labour Charges.||₹ 2500-3000|
|9th (paid)||25000 km or 750 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner, O-ring, Chain Lube, Change Spark Plug, Check Cooling system, Check steering bearings, wheel greasing and Labour Charges.||₹ 2400-2600|
|10th (paid)||28000 km or 840 days||Engine Oil, Element assy oil cleaner, O-ring, Chain Lube, Rear and Front Disc Pads Change, Clutch Plates Check, Check shock absorbers and Labour Charges.||₹ 2400-2600|
Some of the most important spare parts price list of Yamaha MT-15
note: At some places, cities, town, or states, the spare parts list and service charges may vary a bit according to its taxes and duties imposed.
|Spare parts price list of Yamaha MT-15||Price (in rupees)|
|Engine Oil||₹ 360|
|Element assy oil Cleaner(oil filter)||₹ 148|
|Spark Plug||₹ 130-160|
|Air Filter||₹ 150-180|
|Rear Brake Pads||₹ 850-1050|
|Front Brake Pads||₹ 550-650|
|Front Fork Oil||₹ 120-130|
|Chain Lube||₹ 180-240|
|Clutch Cable||₹ 200-240|
|Clutch Plate||₹ 450-600|
|Timing Chain||₹ 360-420|
|Fuel injector (Clean)||₹ 400-550|
|Coolant Refill||₹ 250-300|
|Chain Sprocket Set||₹ 2500-3000|
|Oil pump assy||₹ 240-300|
|Bolt Flange||₹ 6-12|
|Bolt Socket||₹ 26-30|
|Washer Plate||₹ 5-10|
|Labour Charges ( Paid Service )||₹ 480-750|
Things to do after Servicing your Yamaha MT-15
- Take a ride with your service mechanic and point out the problems, if it was not fixed.
- Never ever forget to check the tire pressure, coolant level, brake fluid, and engine oil level.
- Check your service bill carefully and ask them to show everything they have installed or replaced.
Maintenance Cost of Yamaha MT-15 in days>months>years
note: Fuel cost is not included in the Maintenance Charges of Yamaha MT-15
- The Maintenance charges of Yamaha MT-15 in days is Rupees 1000 to 1200 for 50-60 days, which includes 1st free servicing, normal chain cleaning and adjusting, lubricant, foam washing, cleaning, polish, tire pressure check and parking free.
- The Maintenance charges of Yamaha MT-15 in months are Rupees 4600-5500 for 270-300 days which includes 4-free servicing, chain cleaning, adjusting, lubricant, change in clutch cables(sometimes), punctures, foam washing, polish and parking free.
- The Maintenance charges of Yamaha MT-15 in years is Rupees 28000-34000 for 1400-1600 days which includes 1 free servicing and monthly paid servicing, foam washing, polish, brake oil refill, change in tires both front and rear, change in chain sprocket set, chain cleaning with adjusting, lubricant, Oiling, greasing, change in clutch cables, coolant refill, punctures, handle racer adjust, disc pad change and more.
Questions asked by Yamaha MT-15 Riders
#) Is it necessary to service my Yamaha MT-15 according to schedule and date made by the company?
Yes, it is very necessary to service your Yamaha MT-15 according to your service manual made by the company because by doing it its becomes easy to claim your bike’s engine warranty if it shows any problems in the future.
Best Performance Spares for Bike
|Description||Buy on Amazon|
|Motorcycle Emergency Tyre Puncture Kit||Buy on Amazon|
|Motul Chain Lube & Chain Cleaner with Chain Brush||Buy on Amazon|
|Bike Phone Holder with Mobile Charger||Buy on Amazon|
|Digital Air Compressor Bike Tyre Pump||Buy on Amazon|
|Engine Oil Flush & Engine Oil Treatment||Buy on Amazon|
|Extreme High Pressure Bike Washer||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Mechanics bike Socket Set||Buy on Amazon|
|Motul Bike Polish Shine and Go||Buy on Amazon|
Also, Read Best Riding Jacket in India under 10000