Here is our list of the top 5 best seasonal tires for Volkswagen Golf in details
Tires: As we speak about tries are one of the basic fundamental units of a car and it’s mandatory to be changed according to seasons or tread rubber reaches to the minimum level of 1.6 mm.
note: This article is purely based on depth research and reviews done by our team @spacebikers.
The Best tire you can choose for your Volkswagen depends upon the various condition, reasons & tips that you need to keep in mind.
- Never forget to check the manufacturing date of the tires (if you are buying them from a tire shop).
- decide which road conditions most often drive your Volkswagen Golf (winter, snow, summer) you need to choose according to it.
- always pick the “right tire size” for your Volkswagen
- clear doubts about the warranty period and conditions.
- while installing the tires ask your service boy to use Rim protector to avoid scratches and stains.
- check construction blocks or treads carefully in the tires to avoid cuts or damages.
- ensure you buy tires from a trusted store or a trusted site.
|Michelin pilot sport 4 S||Michelin||30,000 miles or 6 years of standard warranty|
|Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90||Bridgestone||5 years warranty for workmanship and materials for defects|
|Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season||Goodyear||6 years or 50,000-mile tread life warranty|
|Yokohama Advan Sport A/S +||Yokohama||5 Years or 55,000 miles tread life warranty|
|Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus||Pirelli||70,000-mile limited tread wear warranty|
Michelin pilot sport 4 S (summer daily driving tires)
- Design: Michelin pilot sport 4 S tries are specially designed to feel more sporty and much fun to drive.
- Built: The tires are built with a high-performance hybrid belt of aramid & nylon compounds.
- The technology used: Dynamic response technology is been used for an optimized footprint on the roads.
- Type: Michelin pilot sport 4 S are mean to be super sports summer tires.
- Installation & fittings: Michelin pilot sport 4 S can be fitted perfectly in both the “front and rear” placement of your Volkswagen Golf.
- Michelin pilot sport 4 S comes with velvet-effect sidewall treatment designed technology.
- Superior design and revolutionary multi-compound construction provide the ultimate level of dry grip and wet grip.
- The tire comes with a loading index rating of 92.
- good for daily driving
- not ridiculously expensive
- provides ultimate traction in rain, cold & warm.
- a very good life span.
- feels secure and confident while taking sharp turns
- confidence-inspiring tires
- incredible high-speed stability
- good steering control feedback
- comes with one of the best traction on wet as well as dry surfaces
- the comfort level is a lot higher and the noises, vibrations & harshness is a lot lower(Acoustic Technology)
- good control while wet & dry braking
- handles bumps and potholes better
- not available in Rim versions for 15″Rim, 16″Rim & 17″Rim of 205/55
- has a little bit more dry grip as compared to a wet grip
- a bit expensive as compared to other sports tires
Warranty: Michelin pilot sport 4 S tire comes with 30,000 miles mileage warranty & 6 years of the standard warranty.
Buy: You can buy the tires from Amazon, Walmart, The tire Rack, Discount Tire, or a nearby tire store.
Michelin pilot sport 4 S Verdict:
Michelin pilot sport 4 S do tremendously well in all sorts of weather, all sorts of conditions & all sorts of traction in one barrel. Just go for it.
Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90 (winter tries)
Bridgestone a motto to provide World-class products & services without compromising on Quality & Performance. The company has a fundamental nature of knowledge i.e Integrity, teamwork, creative pioneering, informed decision making & thorough planning & direct decisive action which once lead the company to the largest manufacturers of tires in the world as of 2017.
- Design: Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90 tries are highly designed for winter driving performance & to help provide traction & secure handling through the harshest conditions.
- Built: Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90 tries are updated with high-performance silica-enhanced rubber compounds.
- The technology used: Latest winter Multi-cell tread technology is been used to bite particles for grip in snow and on ice.
- Type: Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90 is meant to be performance winter tires.
- Installation & fittings: Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90 can be fitted perfectly in both the “front and rear” placement of your Volkswagen Golf without any doubt.
- Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90 comes with a wider contact area to improve performance on ice and snow
- Enhanced block stiffness pattern design to improve dry road response & wear life
- Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90 comes with a loading index rating of 101
- Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90 tread design looks chunkier with deeper and wider grooves suitable for deep snow and slush
- performance block edges for stopping on ice & snow
- provides excellent handling traction on snow
- available in every Rim sizes for your Volkswagen Golf
- companies claim an average user would go about 1931 km or 1,200 miles per month
- Dynamic steering response in snow & ice
- superior ice & snow grip with superior ice & snow short braking capabilities
- tries remain adaptable even at extremely low temperatures
- the new WS90 tires are re-designed from customers providing feedback on the existing Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS80
- delivers long-lasting performance for an extra winter season
- at high speeds small vibration is noticeable
- no tread life warranty.
- lack of steering response in warm dry conditions(since winter tires)
Warranty: 5 years from the date of production limited warranty for Workmanship and Materials for defects.
Buy: You can buy the tires from Bridgestone tire, Amazon, Walmart, or a nearby tire store.
Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS90 tire Verdict:
Bridgest one BLIZZAK WS90 tries are very versatile snow tires they handle very well on dry pavement & wet pavement and do very good in puddles. They drive really well in snow and are very comfortable tires with a very quiet tire noise & obnoxious. Our team would definitely recommend them if you’re looking into buying some snow tires.
Goodyear Eagle® Sport All-Season (high-performance tires)
An American tire manufacturing company founded in the year 1898. And as of now, Goodyear is one of the top 4 best tire manufacturers along with Bridgestone, Michelin & Continental.
- Design: Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season tires are designed differently from the other all-season performance tires is its uniquely balanced innovative tread compound.
- Built: Goodyear Eagle® Sport All-Season tires are built with a brand-new silica-enhanced rubber compound.
- The technology used: Lastest Fuel Max, Durawall, TripleTred, ComforTred, TredLock Technology is been used in manufacturing these tires.
- Type: Goodyear Eagle® Sport All-Season is meant to be powerful sport performance tires.
- Installation & fittings: Goodyear Eagle® Sport All-Season can be fitted perfectly in both the “front and rear” placement of your Volkswagen Golf without any doubt.
- Tries to have the ability to push water away to increase grip and help prevent hydroplaning
- Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season comes with a loading index rating of 91(1356 lbs)
- Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season tires come with full-depth sipes with long-lasting tread
- Goodyear tries are well known for treadwear performance
- an excellent all-round tire
- it offers superior responsive handling & confidence
- outstanding wet & dry performance
- and also enhanced grip in ice & snow
- the innovative asymmetric tread pattern
- available in every tire size for your Volkswagen Golf
- built-in rim protector(sidewall ridge)
- very well balanced between dry & wet braking
- excellent cornering capabilities
- does struggle a bit in wet conditions
- slightly noisier at higher speeds
- winter traction
Warranty: 6 years or 50,000-mile tread life warranty.
Buy: You can buy the tires from Goodyear’s official site, Amazon, Walmart, or a nearby tire store.
Goodyear Eagle Sports All-Season tire Verdict:
If you are looking for all-season high-performance tires this will be the right choice for your Volkswagen Golf. In terms of handling, technology & excellent performance.
Yokohama Advan Sport A/S +(ultra-high mileage tires)
Established in the year January 1984 with 10 employees and today Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of an extensive range of rubber products especially tires. The companies main focus is on advancing technologies, maximum safety & driving satisfaction.
- Design: Yokohama Advan Sport A/S + ultra-high performance tires are smartly designed for drivers who want responsive handling & adequate performance on dry & wet roads including tread life.
- Built: Yokohama Advan Sport A/S + tries are upgraded with high-performance silica HS-2 compounds.
- The technology used: Advanced Four-pitch variation technology is been used for manufacturing the tries.
- Type: Yokohama Advan Sport A/S + is meant to be a performance-focused street tire.
- Installation & fittings: Yokohama Advan Sport A/S + can be fitted perfectly in both the “front and rear” placement of your Volkswagen Golf without any doubt except for 15Rim sizes.
- Tries are engineered with extra-large outside shoulder blocks
- and also the sidewalls construction of the tries are fully optimized for responsive handling
- Optimized contact area for longer tread life
- Yokohama Advan Sport A/S + comes with a loading index rating of 95
- performance-focused driving experience
- low level of driving tire noise
- a very comfortable tire
- capable of all-season traction
- tries to feel more comfort-oriented as compared to other options in the same category
- Superior relaxed steering & handling
- long tread life
- tries are very good at wet & wintry conditions traction
- confidence tire while cornering even at high speeds
- distinct medium volume impact noise over certain surfaces
- not available in Rim versions for 15Rim
Warranty: 5 Years or 55,000 miles tread life warranty.
Buy: You can buy the tires from Amazon, Walmart, Yokohama tire, or a nearby tire store.
Yokohama Advan Sport A/S + tire Verdict
ADVAN Sport A/S+ all-season ultra-high mileage tires are highly engineered to deliver long-wear tread life & ultra-high performance in every turn of driving.
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II (touring all-season tries)
Pirelli, the world’s 7th largest Italian tire manufacturer known for its constant innovation & high-end production supremacy.
- Design: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tries are specially designed for drivers who love touring.
- Built: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II is updated with new functionalized polymer & silica content forms.
- The technology used: Latest generation of Pirelli’s technology is been used in manufacturing tires.
- Type: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II is meant to be a touring all-season tire.
- Installation & fittings: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II can be fitted perfectly in both the “front and rear” placement of your Volkswagen Golf in every rim size.
- The tire comes with an all-new tread compound composed of new functionalized polymer & silica for short braking ability and as well wet & dry traction
- The tire also comes with a larger area of covering a 5-percent contact area(A fully Optimized Footprint)
- The tire comes with a loading index rating of 99
- provides an extra level of riding comfort
- great traction on wet, dry, snow & rainy conditions
- a very smooth drive & quiet on the roads
- boost in maneuvering and braking ability
- good-wet & dry handling capabilities
- comes with the best treadwear warranty
- responsive steering
- feel confident while cornering even at high speeds
- light profile tire to reduce fuel consumption
- a better tire off the previous generation i.e Pirelli Cinturato P7 all-season Plus I
- noise level may be a bit louder over certain surfaces
- slightly low traction on-ice performance
- the tire is not available for a 15-inch rim size
- expensive as compared to other touring tires
Warranty: 70,000-mile limited treadwear warranty.
Buy: You can buy the tires from Amazon, Walmart, or a nearby tire store.
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tire Verdict:
The Cinturato P7 II is a full pack all-season touring tire well-equipped with technology, comfort & traction. And the best part of the Cinturato P7 tires is a warranty period of up to 70,000 miles.