A complete detailed review on KTM 250 Duke Service Schedule, Service Cost, Spare Parts Pricelist
KTM India: As we speak about KTM India, basically the company has approx 233 exclusive authorized showrooms with well-equipped service stations spread across 29 states and 114 cities in India.
So as far as our team’s concern there will be no problem doing servicing of your KTM 250 Duke.
Services of KTM 250 Duke: Talking about services and spares parts availability of KTM India, KTM services centres brings modern solutions for your bike that comes with professionals service mechanics and salespersons. And without no doubt, KTM Service centres have a wide range of spares in stock and aftermarket performance parts for your bike.
Important note about free servicing of KTM 250 Duke: Basically, KTM India offers 3 free servicing for KTM 250 Duke that include free labour charges, checkup, washing and polishing and you will be charged for engine oil, air filter, fuel filter, spark plug, oil Filter, o-ring, brake pads, brake fluid and more if required.
Things you have to do before Servicing your KTM 250 Duke
- Always need to service your KTM 250 Duke from an authorized KTM service centre.
- Check your 250 duke’s trip meter before going for servicing to know to extract distance you have ridden.
- Try to make a note on the problems you are facing while riding your KTM 250 Duke.
- Always try to carry your 250 duke’s servicing manual book and RC (registration certificate) before going to a service centre.
- Carefully inspect both front and rear shock absorbers, see if there is any oil leakage or unwanted sounds before going to KTM’s service centre.
- Also, you make sure to check chain sprocket set and other components like brake pads, brake fluid level, coolant level before going to the service station.
- Always check, research and compare the price, quality and brand of engine oil, oil filter, spark plug or any other extra accessories if you need to fit or install for your 250 Duke.
- Most Importantly: ask your service mechanic to change engine oil, oil filter, air filter or any other spare parts or aftermarket performance accessories to install or fit, in your presence there.
Periodic Service Schedule of KTM 250 Duke
note: KTM 250 Duke service needs to be performed on km/days from the date of purchase, whichever comes earlier.
- 1st free service is to be performed under 1000 km or 45 days from the date of purchase.
- 2nd free service is to be performed under 8500 km or 150 days from the previous service date.
- 3rd free service is to be performed under 16000 km or 240 days from the previous service date.
- 4th paid service is to be performed under 23500 km or 330 days from the previous service date.
- 5th paid service is to be performed under 31000 km or 420 days from the previous service date.
- 6th paid service is to be performed under 38500 km or 510 days from the previous service date.
- 7th paid service is to be performed under 46000 km or 600 days from the previous service date.
- 8th paid service is to be performed under 53500 km or 690 days from the previous service date.
- 9th paid service is to be performed under 61000 km or 780 days from the previous service date.
- 10th paid service is to be performed under 68500 km or 870 days from the previous service date.
- 11th paid service is to be performed under 76000 km or 960 days from the previous service date.
- 12th paid service is to be performed under 83500 km or 1050 days from the previous service date.
- 13th paid service is to be performed under 91000 km or 1140 days from the previous service date.
- 14th paid service is to be performed under 98500 km or 1230 days from the previous service date.
- 15th paid service is to be performed under 106000 km or 1320 days from the previous service date.
Basic things service mechanic should “Check, Inspect & Change” while servicing your KTM 250 Duke
- check-electrical system and wiring points functioning properly without any cuts or damages in the wire.
- change- Air filter, Spark plug, Oil filter, Fuel filter, O-ring and Engine Oil in every servicing you do for best performance.
- check- front and rear brake linings with also front and rear shock absorbers.
- check- coolant and brake fluid level- Refill if necessary.
- check- steering head bearing foreplay- grease if necessary.
- check- brakes, brake lining, discs pads- Clean, Grease or Replace if necessary
- carefully inspect the chain sprocket set both front and rear- Clean, Grease, alignment or Replace if necessary.
- check- the frame, swingarm, swingarm bearing for backlash, wheel bearing for play and antifreeze.
Service Schedule & Service Cost of KTM 250 Duke
|Service no.||Kilometer & Time Period||Things you need to Change/Check||Cost|
|1st (free)||1000 km or 45 days||Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Chain Clean, Chain Lube, Chain Adjustment and Chain Slack.||₹ 1500-1800|
|2nd (free)||8500 km or 150 days||Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Coolant Refill, O-Ring, Chain Clean, Chain Lube, Chain Adjustment and Chain Slack.||₹ 1600-2000|
|3rd (free)||16000 km or 240 days||Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Brake fluid Chain Clean, Chain Lube, Chain Adjustment and Chain Slack.||₹ 1800-2000|
|4th (paid)||23500 km or 330 days||Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Spark Plug, O-Ring, Filter Element, Chain Clean, Chain Lube, Chain Adjustment and Labour Charges.||₹ 2400-2600|
|5th (paid)||31000 km or 420 days||Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Filter Element, Brake Pads, Coolent, Brake Oil, Chain Clean, Chain Lube, Chain Adjustment and Labour Charges.
Some of the basic spare parts price list of KTM 250 Duke
note: At some cities, town or states, the spare parts price may vary a bit according to its taxes and duties.
|Spare parts price list of KTM 250 Duke||Price (in rupees)|
|Engine Oil||₹ 1139|
|Oil Filter||₹ 74|
|Spark Plug||₹ 175|
|Air Filter||₹ 259|
|Fuel Filter||₹ 97|
|Chain Lube||₹ 184|
|Chain Clean||₹ 124|
|Mirrors (each)||₹ 241|
|Mesh Strainer Assembly||₹ 65|
|Clutch Cable||₹ 258|
|Accelerator Cable||₹ 118|
Things to do after servicing your KTM 250 Duke
- Set the next “Service km to 7500 km” in your 250 Duke’s TFT screen.
- Check both front and rear tyre pressure is 29 front and 29 Psi rear for a single rider.
- Most importantly don’t forget to check brakes, clutch, engine oil level, coolant level and brake oil level.
- Take a short ride with your service mechanic person and point out the problems, if it was not fixed.
- Check your service bill carefully and ask them to show everything they have installed or replaced.
Maintenance Cost of KTM 250 Duke in days>months>years
note: No fuel cost is included in the Maintenance Charges of KTM 250 Duke
- the maintenance charges of KTM 250 Duke in days is rupees 4400-4800 for 150 days, which includes 2-free servicing, chain cleaning, adjusting, chain slack, lubricant, washing, cleaning, polishing, tyre polish, tyre pressure fill and monitoring and parking frees.
- the maintenance charges of KTM 250 Duke in months is rupees 13000-14500 for 420 days, which includes 1-free servicing with 2-paid servicing, chain cleaning, chain slack, adjusting, lubricant, change in clutch cables(sometimes), punctures, rear tyre change(depends on riding style) foam washing, polish, tyre polish, tyre pressure check and fill and parking free.
- the maintenance charges of KTM 250 Duke in years is rupees 54000-60000 for 960 days, which includes monthly paid servicing, washing, polishing, brake oil refill, change in tyres, chain cleaning, chain slack, adjusting, brake oil change, chain lubricant, oiling, greasing, change in clutch cables, coolant refill, punctures, handle racer adjust, disc pad change, air-filled and more.
Maintenance tips for KTM 250 Duke
- Use Chain Lube for extra life of your chain sprocket especially during rainy and dusty seasons.
- keep an eye on instrument cluster readings and give attention to any odd notification related to the engine.
Questions asked by KTM 250 Duke Riders
#) Is it necessary to service my KTM 250 Duke, according to schedule and date made by the company?
Yes, it is very necessary to service your KTM 250 Duke according to your service manual made by the company because by doing it its become easy to claim your bike’s engine warranty if it shows any problems in the future.
Best Performance Spares for Bike
|Description||Buy on Amazon|
|Motorcycle Emergency Tyre Puncture Kit||Buy on Amazon|
|Motul Chain Lube & Chain Cleaner with Chain Brush||Buy on Amazon|
|Bike Phone Holder with Mobile Charger||Buy on Amazon|
|Digital Air Compressor Bike Tyre Pump||Buy on Amazon|
|Engine Oil Flush & Engine Oil Treatment||Buy on Amazon|
|Extreme High Pressure Bike Washer||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Mechanics bike Socket Set||Buy on Amazon|
|Motul Bike Polish Shine and Go||Buy on Amazon|