A complete detailed review on Bajaj Dominar 400 Service Schedule, Cost, Spare Parts Pricelist
Bajaj India: As we talk about Bajaj India, Basically the company has more than 660 Bajaj showrooms with well-equipped authorised service centres across 31 states and 408 cities in India as of Dec 2019.
So as far as our team concern, there will be no problem doing servicing your Bajaj Dominar 400 at any Bajaj Service Centres at any time according to your planned schedule.
Services and Spares of Bajaj India: In terms of services and spares, Bajaj service centres are highly equipped with modern service machinery and equipment that come with professional service engineers, proper washing units and useful service ramps. And without no doubt, Bajaj service centres have a wide range of spares available in stock for your Bajaj Dominar 400 at a very good price point including taxes and charges.
Important note about free servicing of Bajaj Dominar 400: Basically, Bajaj India offers 3 free servicing for your Bajaj Dominar 400 that include free labour charges, checkup, washing and polishing and you will be charged for engine oil, air filter, oil filter, clutch cables, brake pads, all types of greasing, coolant, cleaning agents, o-ring, oil-seals, pipes, gaskets and more if required.
Things you have to do before Servicing your Bajaj Dominar 400
- Always need to service your Bajaj Dominar 400 from an authorized Bajaj service centre.
- Make a proper note on the problems you are facing while riding your Bajaj Dominar 400.
- Read your Bajaj Dominar 400 trip meter before going for servicing to know to extract distance you have ridden.
- Always need to carry your Bajaj Dominar 400 service manual book and RC (registration certificate) before going to your nearest Bajaj service centre.
- Try to check, research and compare the price, quality and brand of engine oil, oil filter or any other accessories if you need to fit or install for your Bajaj Dominar 400.
- Most Importantly: ask your service mechanic person to change engine oil, oil filter, air filter or any other spares or accessories to install or fit, in your presence there in the service centre.
Periodic Service Schedule of Bajaj Dominar 400
note: Bajaj Dominar 400 service needs to be performed on km or days from the date of purchase, whichever comes earlier.
- 1st free service is to be performed under 500-700 km or 30-45 days from the date of purchase.
- 2nd free service is to be performed under 4500-5000 km or 240 days from the previous service date.
- 3rd free service is to be performed under 9500-10000 km or 360 days from the previous service date.
- 4th free service is to be performed under 14500-15000 km or 480 days from the previous service date.
- 5th paid service is to be performed under 19500-20000 km or 600 days from the previous service date.
- 6th paid service is to be performed under 24500-25000 km or 720 days from the previous service date.
- 7th paid service is to be performed under 29500-30000 km or 840 days from the previous service date.
- 8th paid service is to be performed under 34500-35000 km or 960 days from the previous service date.
- 9th paid service is to be performed under 39500-40000 km or 1080 days from the previous service date.
- 10th paid service is to be performed under 44500-45000 km or 1200 days from the previous service date.
- 11th paid service is to be performed under 49500-50000 km or 1320 days from the previous service date.
- 12th paid service is to be performed under 54500-55000 km or 1440 days from the previous service date.
Basic things service mechanic should “Inspect, Check, Clean, Change, Adjust, Tightened, Refill, Lubricate or Replace if necessary” while servicing your Bajaj Dominar 400
- Clean your Dominar 400 with a water wash and dry completely in every servicing you do.
- Check and Lubricate the Strainer and Evacuation Strainer in every servicing you do.
- Check, Clean and Adjust the Spark Plug at 20000 km and Replace after every 40000 km.
- Air cleaner element and In-Line Fuel Filter needs to be Replace after every 20000 km.
- Fuel Pipe needs to be Check in every servicing you do and Replace if required after 20000 km.
- Valve Tappet Clearance needs to be Check and Adjust at every 20000 km.
- Air Filter drain tube needs to be Clean at every 10000 km.
- Brake pads/brake shoes need to be Check the wear indicator and must be Replace after every 15000 km.
- Disc brake assly needs to Check its functionality, leakage or any other damage in every servicing you do.
- Wiring harness and Battery connections-routing, tie bands and clamps tightness needs to be Check, Adjust and Tighten in every servicing you do.
- Battery Charge condition and Steering play needs to be Check and Adjust in every servicing you do.
- Ignition switch barrel and Handlebar control switches contacts need to be Check and Clean in every servicing you do.
- Steering stem Bearing and Cap steering bearing needs to be Check, Clean, Lubricate in every servicing you do and Replace if Required.
- EVAP drain tube cleaning, Front fork inner pipe and dust cap need to be Check and Clean in servicing you do.
- Coolant Hose damage, clamps, leakage and Radiator fins need to be Check in every servicing you do.
Service Schedule and Service Cost of Bajaj Dominar 400
Important note: The new 2019 model Bajaj Dominar 400 needs 1700ml of engine oil and old Bajaj Dominar 400 needs only 1500ml of engine oil.
|Service no.||Kilometer & Time Period||Things you need to Change/Check||Cost|
|1st (free)||700 km or 45 days||Engine Oil-Change, Oil Filter-Change, Chain Lube and Normal Check up.||₹ 1200-1300|
|2nd (free)||5000 km or 240 days||Engine Oil-Change, Oil Filter-Change, Air Filter-Clean, Chain Lube and Normal Check up.||₹ 1200-1300|
|3rd (free)||10000 km or 360 days||Engine Oil-Change, Oil Filter-Change, Coolant-Refill, Air Filter-Change, Air Filter drain tube-Clean, Chain Lube with cleaning and Normal Check up & Oiling.||₹ 1400-1600|
|4th (paid)||15000 km or 480 days||Engine Oil-Change, Oil Filter-Change, Air Filter-Change, Chain Sprocket-Change, Rear Brake pad-Change, Chain Adjust, Clean and Lubricate and Labour Charges.||₹ 6600-7400|
|5th (paid)||20000 km or 600 days||Engine Oil-Change, Oil Filter-Change, Air Filter-Change, Front Disc Pad-Change, Valve Tappet Clearance-Check, Spark Plug-Change, Fuel Filter-Change, Chain Clean and Lubricate and Labour Charges.||₹ 2400-2600|
Some of the basic spare parts price list of Bajaj Dominar 400
note: At some places, cities or states, the spare parts price may vary a bit according to its taxes and duties imposed.
|Basic spare parts price list of Bajaj Dominar 400||Price (in rupees)|
|Bajaj Fully Synthetice 10W50 1.5L||₹ 1010|
|Oil Filter||₹ 73|
|Air Filter||₹ 262|
|Rear Brake Pad||₹ 190|
|Chain Sprocket||₹ 3077|
|Spray Chain Lub 100||₹ 187|
|Front Brake Pads||₹ 349|
|Clutch Cable||₹ 108|
|Fuel Tank||₹ 2334|
|Ignition Switch||₹ 699|
|Timing Chain||₹ 432|
|Accelerator Cable||₹ 160|
|Brake Lever||₹ 212|
|Brake Pedal||₹ 266|
|Fuel Pump||₹ 380|
|Clutch Lever||₹ 318|
|Handle Switches||₹ 494|
|Fuel Injection||₹ 5340|
Things to do after servicing your Bajaj Dominar 400
- Check both the front and rear tyre pressure and Bajaj’s recommended tire pressure is Front 29 Psi & Rear is 32 Psi for single Rider and Front 29 Psi & Rear 32 Psi with a Pillion Rider.
- Most importantly Check brakes, brakes pads, clutch, engine oil level, brake oil level and electrical like a high beam, low beam and backlight.
- Take a short ride with your Dominar service mechanic and point out the problems, if it was not fixed in the servicing.
- Check your service bill carefully and ask them to show everything in details what they have installed or replaced in your Bajaj Dominar 400.
Maintenance Cost of Bajaj Dominar 400 in days>months>years
note: NO, Fuel cost is included in the Maintenance Charges of Bajaj Dominar 400.
- the average maintenance charges of Bajaj Dominar 400 in days is rupees 4500-5500 for 360 days, which includes 3-free servicing, chain cleaning, adjusting, lubricant, washing, cleaning, polishing, tyre polish, tyre pressure check & fill and some time parking frees.
- the average maintenance charges of Bajaj Dominar 400 in months is rupees 16500-19500 for 720 days, which includes all paid-servicing, chain cleaning, adjusting, lubricant, cleaning agents, punctures, rear change(depends on your riding style) foam washing, polish, brake oil, tyre polish, greasing, anti-rust spray, tyre pressure check and fill and sometimes parking frees.
- the average maintenance charges of Bajaj Dominar 400 in years is rupees 38500-42000 for 1200 days, which includes yearly paid servicing, washing, polishing, change in tyres (both rear and front), battery(change), chain cleaning, adjusting, cleaning agents, brake oil change, chain lubricant, oiling, greasing, change in clutch cables, punctures, handle racer adjust, disc pad change, tyre air-filled, anti-rust spray and more.
Maintenance tips for Bajaj Dominar 400
- While washing your Bajaj Dominar 400, ensure to prevent water entry in the petrol tank, silencer and electrical parts.
- Sealed Drive Chain is to be clean and lubricate, every 500 km.
- note: Change your Engine Oil with Oil Filter (but not recommended in the service manual) in every servicing you do for the extra mileage and extra smoothness of the engine.
- Add a vibration kit provided by the Bajaj service centre if you have an old 2016-2018 Bajaj Dominar 400.
#) Questions asked by Bajaj Dominar 400 Riders
#) Is it necessary to service my Bajaj Dominar 400 according to schedule and date made by the company?
Yes, it is very necessary to service your Bajaj Dominar 400 according to your service manual made by the company because by doing it its become easy to claim your bike’s engine warranty if it shows any problems in the future.